- Open from 10 am to 5 pm (on July 1st only)
- Admission by Donation
- Follow a map to the various stations and learn about rehab at NLWS ( tour requires walking up and down hill and visitors should be able to hike) We have limited ATV transportation available for elderly or handicapped visitors which still requires a certain amount of mobility. As we are set in a wilderness setting unfortunately this visit is not suitable for wheelchair access. Access routes are rough gravel and partially fairly steep. Good footwear is highly recommended.
- There will be absolutely no contact with wildlife in our care, observation ONLY!!!!! Feel free to pet domestic animals.
- Qualified volunteers will be happy to answer your questions at each station or point you to senior staff if they don’t know the answers.
- A food vendor will offer the opportunity to purchase food and drinks, profits from such sales do not transfer to NLWS
- We offer Face painting, pony rides (by donation proceeds to NLWS) and a small play area for young kids on site
To protect the animals from too much human contact we are usually closed to the public. However on July 1st each year we open our doors for a little peek behind the doors. This time is carefully chosen to ensure that animals in care are too young to be affected by the visitors and we limit exposure to ensure animals do not become over stimulated.